Going Above and Beyond for Your Clients: A Recipe for Real Estate Success
In the world of real estate, success isn't just about closing deals; it's about building lasting relationships with your clients. If you want to thrive in this competitive field, you need to provide exceptional customer service. One way to achieve this is by going above and beyond for your clients, just like the cleaning lady in a heartwarming story I came across.
The story goes like this: a cleaning lady would regularly clean a house and, as a thoughtful gesture, bake three cookies for the homeowners using bulk cookie dough she bought at Costco. Not only did this fill the house with a delicious aroma, but it also left a sweet note expressing her appreciation for their business. In addition, she went the extra mile by cleaning areas like the fans and baseboards. Within six months, her business had grown so much that she had to hire 12 people, all through word of mouth referrals. This story underscores a fundamental truth in business: people remember the experience you provide more than the price you charge.
Building a successful real estate business often relies heavily on referrals. Many real estate professionals have primarily referral-based businesses, and cultivating strong client relationships is key to securing those referrals. But how do you stand out and make sure your clients remember you for all the right reasons? Let's explore some strategies and touchpoints to enhance your customer service.
On the Buy Side:
- Stay Proactive: When you know what your clients are looking for, send them relevant listings regularly. Don't wait for them to reach out; take the initiative.
- Personalize Communication: After every tour, send a detailed email summarizing the properties viewed and the feedback you received. This shows your dedication and listening skills.
- Stay Organized: Keep detailed notes on every property visited, including your clients' interests and concerns. This will help you and your clients stay organized and make informed decisions.
On the Sell Side:
- Showings: When scheduling showings, use tools like the ShowingTime app to keep things organized. Always communicate with your clients, thanking them for preparing the home and providing feedback after showings.
- Weekly Activity Recap: Keep your clients updated on the market's performance, including their neighbors' homes. If properties in the area are selling, let your clients know why their property might not be getting offers. Honesty and transparency are essential.
- Market Updates: Share market updates and condition reports. Be open about what's happening in the real estate world. Trust is built on transparent communication.
- Be Real and Connect: Authenticity is key. Don't rely solely on expensive advertising or flashy social media. Embrace old-school customer service and build real connections with clients who appreciate your genuine approach.
Remember that the real estate business is not just about transactions; it's about people and their dreams. Go the extra mile, communicate effectively, and establish trust. When clients know you genuinely care about their interests, your referrals and reputation will grow organically. It's all about delivering the kind of service that clients will remember and appreciate, long after the deal is closed.
If you're dedicated, communicate effectively, and show your clients that you genuinely care about their goals, success in the real estate industry is well within reach. Keep hustling, stay connected, and remember that building your business is a journey, and good things will happen if you continue to work hard.
In the world of real estate, it's not just about the properties; it's about the people. Go above and beyond for your clients, and your success will follow.
Interested in learning more about becoming a Mark Allen Realty agent? Fill out the form below today.